Favorite iPhone Apps for Photography

With the growing number of iPhone photography apps available these days, everyone considers themselves to be a photographer. Now that's perfectly fine, I myself am a big fan of "iPhoneography" as they put it but there are just sooo many apps out there and it becomes really hard to find apps that are functional, user-friendly and produce high quality pictures after you edit them. You may have noticed I have iPhoto and Vintique however I found the rest of these apps are good enough so I rarely use those. 

I was gifted my first iPhone (4S) this June, 2012 after I graduated University as a gift from my parents. Since then I have discovered a great amount of photography apps for every effect imaginable. The most popular effect that people ask me about is the "bokeh" effect, or the effect you get that places shiny lights at the perimeter of your pictures. Below are some of my favorite apps and why I love them. Enjoy!



1) Instagram (Free): Basically its like twitter but with photos. You can instantly take pics, edit them with one of the 18 available filters and post them for your friends to see. Some of the filters are quite unnecessary and I often find myself posting pictures without any filter, however its the best social networking typa editing apps out there. 



2) Camera+ ($0.99-Currently on sale): This is one of my favorite apps for editing because it provides you with a variety of filters to choose from. It also allows you to do the basics like crop and flip photos horizontally and vertically which some apps lack. It has 27 additional special effect filters that you can adjust the strength of and a variety of borders to choose from. Personally, I love the amount of clarity and crispness this editor brings to my photos giving them a great professional look and its worth the price.



3) Snapseed ($4.99): Snapseed is like having Photoshop on your phone in terms of its ability to edit so many different photo properties such as brightness, contrast, ambiance, saturation etc. It can automatically adjust the colors of your picture and also has a handy "selective adjust" tool that allows you to zoom into only certain areas of your photo and enhance or fade them. I also love the tilt-shift and center focus options. It also comes with vintage and grunge filters which I dont use often but its comes with plenty of other options that are quite useful so I would highly recommend this app!



4) Photo wonder (Free): This is a great app and because its free, I'd say to just download it yourself and see what it has to offer. There's a lot of unusual editing tools that you would find in photoshop but the app is developed by Asians so there's a lot of face editing tools. I have to say its quite an interesting app and quite useful for emphasizing certain features. You can "thinnify" your face, "enlarge" your eyes and add blush and eyeliner all in one app. 



5) Picfx ($1.99)- This is the best app for bokeh effects, or to add lights to you pics. The light effects come in different shapes such as heart and circles and theres a variety of filters to choose from. Its the best bokeh app I've found and worth the money. Theres another app called "Bokeful" which was free last time I checked, but the way the lights were placed on the picture seemed unnatural. This app edits photos beautifully and I highly recommend it!
                                            

6) Diptic ($0.99)- This is a picture collage app. I know there are a lot of apps similar to this one that are free however I think its worth paying the .99 because of the amount of layouts it allows you to choose from. You can also edit the colors of your pictures once you organize them. What sold me most about this app was the ability to remove the borders from between the pics. Sometimes I like putting two pics side by side without a line separating them and this was the only app I found that allowed me to do that. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Blogroll

Blogger news